Ready for some more twin-stick shooter action? According to a press release, 10tons has announced that the Arena DLC for Neon Chrome is now available for download on the Nintendo Switch eShop for $4.99 USD. The Arena DLC is a score-attack-style survival game mode that utilizes online leaderboards.
Here’s what 10tons CEO Tero Alatalo had to say on the DLC drop:
”The Arena DLC adds a great, instant action mode to Neon Chrome. It’s offers a bite sized, supercharged version of the main game loop, where a run to take down the Overseer often grows into epic proportions. The Arena is all about bright flames burning quickly.”
Some key features of the Arena DLC include:
- Score attack survival arena mode
- Online leaderboards to rank your performance against the world
- Choose from five roles – each role has its own leaderboard as they play differently
- Install up to 12 enhancements during your run
- Upgrade your damage output with weapon upgrades and crates
- Unlock weapons and enhancements in the main game – use them on the Arena
This mode definitely looks awesome, so I’ll be downloading this later tonight and giving it a go. If you haven’t heard of or played Neon Chrome before, be sure to check out our full review.