If everyone, like me, has been wondering what developer and publisher Frozenbyte has been up to since their latest Nine Parchments update, then the wait is now over. Today, Frozenbyte has announced its seminal series, Trine, is making its way to Nintendo Switch—and the first game in the series, Trine Enchanted Edition, is out today for $14.99 / € 14.99 / £13.49!
Taking place in the same universe as Nine Parchments, Trine is an action, physics-based platformer/puzzle game set in a fantasy world where you switch between three characters—Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief—to make your way through gorgeously crafted levels and scenarios.
Here’s a list of features:
- Action and platforming in a fantasy fairytale world, featuring 15 breathtaking levels full of dangerous enemies, hazards, and physics-based puzzles
- Origin story for the 3 heroes – Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief, each with their own skills and unique abilities
- Solve challenges and puzzles in many different ways by combining the characters’ abilities, and come up with creative solutions never seen before!
- Online and local co-op multiplayer for up to three players
- 1080p/30fps docked, 720p/30fps handheld mode
- 1-3 players, local co-op, online co-op and local wireless co-op supported
No release dates for Trine 2: Complete Story or Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power have been announced at this time. Be sure to check out the announcement trailer below!