The Game Awards 2017 aired last night, and boy, what a night it was. Aside from a rather lukewarm orchestral performance and a few unprofessional speakers, the show went off without a hitch, and we received some pretty awesome news and awards on the Nintendo front. Below is everything Nintendo-related from The Game Awards 2017.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Game of the Year, Best Game Direction, Best Action/Adventure Game
- Super Mario Odyssey – Best Family Game
- Metroid: Samus Returns – Best Handheld Game
- The second Breath of the Wild DLC pack, The Champions’ Ballad, launched shortly after The Game Awards
- Includes new dungeon, story content, and Master Cycle Zero motorcycle
- Bayonetta 2 is being ported to Switch, releasing February 16
- Includes download code for the original Bayonetta
- Bayonetta 3 is currently in development as a Switch-exclusive title
While it’s simultaneously surprising and non-surprising that Breath of the Wild took home GOTY, it’s awesome to see some love for Super Mario Odyssey and Metroid: Samus Returns in other categories. Also…Bayonetta on Switch?! What!? And not only are we getting the first two games in just a couple months, but Bayonetta 3 is in development exclusively for Switch? Take my money now, Nintendo and PlatinumGames.