I choose you, Charizard! As of yesterday, Target stores across the US have special code cards in stock to unlock a battle-ready Charizard, via Mystery Gift, into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. The promotion will last through October 14, and cards can be picked up from the stores’ Electronics department.
Here are the details of the Charizard, including how to redeem the creature in-game:
Held Item: Red Card
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
To get Charizard in your Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon game:
- Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.
- Select Receive Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password, then Yes, and then Yes again to connect to the Internet.
- Enter your password.
- Watch as you receive Charizard.
- Speak to the delivery person in any Pokémon Center to pick up Charizard.
- Be sure to save your game!
The codes are only available while supplies last, so stop by Target from October 1–14 to add the blazing might of Charizard to your game.
Be sure to enter the code into your game and pick up your Charizard by February 4, 2018.
What do you think of this new event? How will you run it on your team? I think the egg move Dragon Dance is a great addition, and this would run well as either Mega Charizard X or Y.